This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Enrolling Device after latest update on app

I am not able to enroll new devices to sophos MDM after the latest update on Sophos mobile control app which was on 15th July. Did anyone enroll a device lately? We have binded to Gsuite and enforced Emm settings from Gsuite such that when email entered from initial set up, sophos is installed and all the configurations are followed from then. But now from 16th i am not able to enroll new device. 

I have even tried with afw#sophos. Same thing happens. Configuration is not completed and the app which is installed crashes when tried to open on both cases. 

Any Idea??? 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FYI... We've got the same problem with our UK EE LG K9s... We installed one of the handsets on the 4th of July and it was fine, trying to do it now and it just won't do it at all.

The phones are the same down to the latest May security update...

Looking at the Google Play store, the Sophos Mobile Control app was 'updated' on the 15th of July? Could there be a problem in the app?

I'm currently in an online chat with support and I've also submitted a ticket for the problem.

• Thanks for your update. Please let us know about the progress.

Regards, Jelle

Sophos XG210-HA (SFOS 18.0.4) on SG210 appliances with Sandstorm and 1x AP55
    Sophos Central with Intercept X Advanced, Device Encryption, Phish Threat, Mobile Control Advanced

If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Stefan,

Good news, our LG K9 handsets appear to be working again.... I didn't mention before, but I also had an issue with an LG G6 not being able to go into Profile mode (BYOD), this too is working!

So fingers cross for everyone else in the thread [:D][;)]

• Hi,

Did I speak too soon?? I've installed a BYOD device and a full corp profile device (LG K9+G6), but both of them are now showing DF-DFERH-01 message when I open Google Play Store? I don't know if it's connected to the update to the main Sophos Mobile Control app?

• Hi,

I have never heard of this error before and on our test devices everything worked fine.
    Maybe you can clear the case of the Google PlayStore and Google PlayServices app and see if that improves the situation?

Best regards
    Stefan

• He Stefan..

I've cleared the cache on both phones, for both Google Play Services and Store. The store opens and shows "some apps", but when I try to select a category, this is when I see the error.

The LG K9 was a full factory reset and re-install just now, so I doubt clear the cache should be a problem?

The LG G6 was a re-install of a work profile (BYOD), so the 2 Google Play apps we're fresh installs into the container during enrollment? Again, so this shouldn't be an issue?

Cheers

• Hi,

worked for me with Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 and Android 7.0.

Playstore and installation of apps work without issues.

Regards, Jelle

Sophos Central with Intercept X Advanced, Device Encryption, Phish Threat, Mobile Control Advanced

• Enrolling working great for me now. I had to do a 'Retrieve App List from Google' under the Approve apps on our Sophos Mobile server. Everything looks grand now.

Shaun

• I've re-ran the 'Retrieve App List from Google' a couple of times now.... I've completely removed out an data for Google Play Store and Services on the 2 phones. But I still have the same error: As soon as I click on a category, the error comes up.

I don't know what I can do about this?

• So I've still got this problem today. My K9 test phone has been factory reset and re-enrolled and I get the same error. However, I've just realised i'm not pressing "category" but "page", these are what they're called in Sophos Central.

In an attempt to get around this, I've updated every Approved App, given it just one "page" and manually typed in our own Categories. I'm hope that this will at least allow the handsets to list all apps... But as soon as I click on a "page" e.g. "Enterprise" I get the same error all over again.

One other thing I've noticed is we've approved "com.htc.album" in Google Play Work. This no longer shows in "My managed apps", yet it is listed in Sophos Central but has an orange exclamation mark next to it!? Could this be causing a problem?

• Currently enrolling is not possible anymore. Sophos Mobile Control app reports an undefined communication error when trying to register at Sophos Central.

Regards, Jelle

• Jelle - don't suppose you're using the below?

Sophos Central Mobile EU-Central-1 region experiencing communication issues

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/134447

Reply Children
No Data