This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Password reset or removal of app

I have recently installed your mobile security for android app on my samsung galaxy s4, but have forgotten both passwords(app & recovery). I am unable to access some of my apps, including having no access to my phones settings. Please can you reset my password or advise how i can remove the sophos security app from my phone.

Regards

Wendy

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I had this problem with my Nexus 7 with Android 5.02. I had Sophos Security and Security Guard installed. Suddenly one day I went into the Play Store to add an app and Security opened up and told me I needed to enter my "Security Password" to access the app... same thing if I tried to access Settings.

It took a lot of fiddling but I finally found a way around it by entering Settings, upon which Security pops up w/ password request. I then tap on the "Overview" (little square icon) and kill the Security request & select settings again. I could then do a little navigating through Settings before the request pops up again & again I kill it & do a bit more in Settings. Eventually I find the setting to disable Security Guard as administrator.(repeatedly killing request tasks in Overview during this process). Problem solved :-) 

Now it seems to me that my workaround exploits a bit of a security hole; OTOH it seems to me that a security app that never asks me to set a password and then blocks my access asking for a password, to which *no* response works, is unacceptable in & of itself. Lucky for me I found a workaround...

BTW, I never have found where you can either reset or change the password, so I am operating somewhat insecurely, but that's better than not operating at all.

• I had this problem with my Nexus 7 with Android 5.02. I had Sophos Security and Security Guard installed. Suddenly one day I went into the Play Store to add an app and Security opened up and told me I needed to enter my "Security Password" to access the app... same thing if I tried to access Settings.

It took a lot of fiddling but I finally found a way around it by entering Settings, upon which Security pops up w/ password request. I then tap on the "Overview" (little square icon) and kill the Security request & select settings again. I could then do a little navigating through Settings before the request pops up again & again I kill it & do a bit more in Settings. Eventually I find the setting to disable Security Guard as administrator.(repeatedly killing request tasks in Overview during this process). Problem solved :-) 

Now it seems to me that my workaround exploits a bit of a security hole; OTOH it seems to me that a security app that never asks me to set a password and then blocks my access asking for a password, to which *no* response works, is unacceptable in & of itself. Lucky for me I found a workaround...

BTW, I never have found where you can either reset or change the password, so I am operating somewhat insecurely, but that's better than not operating at all.

Children
No Data