This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Mobile Security - How to remove "com.sts" Threat / Spy Agent-R

Hello,

I need guidance to remove a threat detected by the Sophos Mobile Security App.

Device Information
Manufacturer:    Swipe
Model Name:    Swipe Elite Plus
Android Version:    5.0.2

I installed both these apps yesterday:
1) Sophos Free Antivirus and Security
2) Sophos Security & Antivirus Guard

Then I allowed 'Device Administrator' access for both these apps.

After the initial scan, Sophos identified a "Threat / Spy Agent-R" and reported it under "Malicious Object".

Unfortunately, this is a system process named "com.sts", that came pre-installed with the device. So, I cannot disable/uninstall/remove it without rooting, which I do NOT want to do. Nor does this process have the "disable/uninstall" options enabled in Android Settings. [Settings --> Apps --> All Apps --> com.sts --> App Info].

When I tap on this identified object under "Malicious Object" in Sophos, it opens an "object details" page, that briefly explains about the threat and the ramifications of using it.

However, I do NOT see a "remove" or "delete" option in this "object details" page, which would enable me to get rid of this threat. I guess this could be probably because the device is not rooted. Meaning, Sophos does not have the required privilege to delete a system process.

So, how do I get rid of this malicious object without rooting the phone?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Siva

This thread was automatically locked due to age.