This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Two suggestions for Mobile Security for Android

Hello,

Two suggestion that I hope will get passed on to the devs working on Mobile Security for Android. One is important and one is a personal preference.

1) The important one. When running a manual scan, the UI shows a 'thing' (for lack of a better word) spinning, and show "A manual scan is running". The issue is that there's no indication of progress. I'd like to see some progression of a bar, a wheel, or a percentage. I'd prefer a percentage. Sophos' scan takes pretty long, so an indication of progress is necessary. I've tried running the manual scan many times, and never saw it complete. I left it running for looooong times, but never finished a scan. I know that I can make the scan faster by narrowing its scope in the settings, but that's not the point. I want to do the scan, and I want it to be as thorough as possible. The scan taking a long time is not a problem, but I need to know that it's making progress. I don't know if it's making progress or did it freeze. All other AV apps I've seen have something like I describe. Sophos should too.

2) The personal preference. An option to remove the permanent icon in the notification bar.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.