This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do you Install Intercept-X?

We're a Sophos Cloud (Central) subscriber and looking to install Intercept-X which I just started a trial for. We've been running Endpoint Advanced Protection (started on Endpoint Standard in the beginning) since the beginning of this year.

When I go to download the Intercept-X installer, it gives me a checkbox to select Endpoint Advanced and/or Intercept-X. I checked off Intercept-X since I already have the Endpoint and agent installed. To my surprise, the installer wouldn't go through until I disabled tamper protection. This made me believe that I downloaded the wrong installer.

I re-downloaded and found that the file size of the downloaded file will be the exact same size whether I select Endpoint Advanced or Intercept-X or both. I don't believe this selection really means anything.

After downloading the "Intercept-X installer", disabling tamper protection, installing said file, and restarting my PC. I see no indication that Intercept-X is installed. Nothing in the tray other than the usual Endpoint Security and Control console. Product version still shows 11.3.1 Cloud.

I do see that I'm using 1 license in my trial now. Is it safe to assume it is now installed even though I cannot see it?
Should I be installing this some other way? It would be nice if the agent just saw that I was trialing it right now instead of having to deploy an executable to every client.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • After all of that, I came across the hitman pro tester file, hmpalert-test.exe. Ran some tests to find that Sophos was successfully stopping most (not all) of the exploit attempts! Yay, looks like it is installed and working fine, although no indication of showing it as an installed application...

Tried again today, Sophos is no longer stopping ANY of the exploits. Did it just uninstall by itself overnight?
    What gives? Why is this install so bad? Maybe don't announce a release until this thing actually comes out of beta.

• After all of that, I came across the hitman pro tester file, hmpalert-test.exe. Ran some tests to find that Sophos was successfully stopping most (not all) of the exploit attempts! Yay, looks like it is installed and working fine, although no indication of showing it as an installed application...

Tried again today, Sophos is no longer stopping ANY of the exploits. Did it just uninstall by itself overnight?
    What gives? Why is this install so bad? Maybe don't announce a release until this thing actually comes out of beta.

Children
No Data