We'd love to hear about it! Click here to go to the product suggestion community
We are now unable to install Office365 / Office 2016 using the Office Deployment Tool. Because we have a bunch of new things from Sophos going on (new firewall, anti-virus int he cloud and the "ultimate" beta) we are struggling to find the source of the problem.
We do know there are issues with the firewall and the download of the software.
We also know that once we get around the download problem the installation is failing both inside and outside the firewall, indicating that it might be an antivirus issue.
The error I can find is "C2R client returned failing error code 17002". Following through Microsoft's troubleshooting, the one thing I haven't done yet is disable anti-virus.
When deploying to enterprises (even small ones like mine) having to disable anti-virus on each one to deploy software is going to be a pain in the butt. ( I posted something about not being able to disable tamper protection for "Spectrum" / "Sophos Ultimate").
Please include ways that administrators can distribute software without massive painful hurdles to cross.
In reply to alex cisneros:
Installed Office 2016 with no issue.
Thank you for the fix.
In reply to Robin Herbert:
If you access the following registry key:
There's a value:
This will show the version installed and could be accessed remotely via a 3rd party product or manually.
Hi I have the similar problem.
11.5.4 Endpoint Advanced + Intercept X.
Impossible to update Office 365. Office error code: 30180-26 Connection to Server not established.
I have, in any case, tampered disabled but always same errors.
I have the same problem. I disabled Tamper Protection and it did not work. I deactivated all the modules and the problem persisted. I had to uninstall the product to successfully install Office.
Office 365 ProPlus 2016
Sophos Central Endpoint Advanced 11.6.1
Sophos Intercept-X 3.7.0
Windows 10 Enterprise x64 1703 Build 15063.540
I ask for help identifying the problem, as I will certainly have similar cases in the near future within my clients and uninstalling the product as a workaround is completely impracticable.
Translated by Google Translate
Estou com o mesmo problema. Desativei o Tamper Protection e não funcionou. Desativei todos os módulos e o problema persistiu. Tive que desinstalar o produto para conseguir instalar o Office com sucesso.
Peço ajuda para identificar o problema, pois com certeza terei casos parecidos em um futuro próximo dentro de meus clientes e desinstalar o produto como solução de contorno é completamente inviável.
In reply to Alvaro Rodrigues:
The first thing you should do is to go back and remove office, it will be partially installed. Restart the PC.
Add the following exceptions to your system's exception under windows update:
^([A-Za-z0-9.-]*\.)?windows\.com/ (already manual added )
Add this exception for 365 by pass:
Officecdn.microsoft.com and officecdn.microsoft.com.edgesuite.net
Let me know if this helps? I had the same issue as you and was able to install, configure, register office without any issue. Your other option would be to get the full installer from Microsoft instead of having to download the required files during install.
In reply to Dwight Elliott1:
I do not know where these options are. I may be wrong, but maybe you are guiding me to configure them in the UTM. In my case, I'm using Sophos Central and I do not use the UTM.
If not, where should I configure these settings in Sophos Central?
If you run into issues installing Office 365 ProPlus on your endpoint, with what browser did you download the Office 365 installer?Also, was there another version of Office installed on the endpoint prior to the installation of Office 365 ProPlus / Office 2016? What version?
Would love to know more about the circumstances this issue appears. I am unable to reproduce it.
Best regards,Mark LomanDirector, Engineering
i see 4 pages with comments, and no one suggested to view the installation logs of office365 ?
When you install it if you do it with config.xml, here is my config.xml for example
<!-- support.microsoft.com/.../2842297 --><!-- technet.microsoft.com/.../jj219426.aspx --><!-- officedev.github.io/.../XmlEditor.html --><Configuration> <Add OfficeClientEdition="64" SourcePath="\\MY-NETWORK-PATH-TO\Microsoft\Office365" > <Product ID="O365BusinessRetail"> <Language ID="en-us" /> <ExcludeApp ID="Publisher" /> <!-- <ExcludeApp ID="Groove" /> --> <ExcludeApp ID="Access" /> <ExcludeApp ID="OneNote" /> <ExcludeApp ID="Project" /> <ExcludeApp ID="SharePointDesigner" /> <ExcludeApp ID="Visio" /> </Product> <Product ID="SkypeforBusinessEntryRetail"> <Language ID="en-us" /> </Product> </Add> <Updates Enabled="TRUE" /> <Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEULA="TRUE" /> <Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="1" /> <Logging Level="Standard" Path="%temp%" /></Configuration>
here is the logs path ->
<Logging Level="Standard" Path="%temp%" />
trace what or where is breaking your install.