This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New & lost! - Adopting PC's to SEC from AD

Hi all!,

I am having an issue with adopting PC's to SEC. 

I have synced AD to SEC but some computers are grayed out & have red crosses on them & a few actually are green. 

Now, My PC on the SEC is currently grayed out but I currently have an endpoint installed onto it & has actually had a scan today so somehow its doing that without it being connected. 

I was wondering how do I connect an endpoint to SEC via SEC so I don't even have to touch my PC? 

Many thanks if you guys can actually help. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Luke Hawkins,

first of all, an endpoint doesn't need to be tethered to the management server for the AV software to run. It needs to be able to download updates from somewhere but even if it doesn't get them it will continue to work. If it has received a policy from the server that includes a scheduled scan the scan will be performed by the endpoint, whether it is connect to the management server or not. 

Furthermore management communication (RMS) and updating are independent. For a start please see Troubleshooting disconnected clients seen within the SEC Console. Many items can likely easily be ticked off in your situation, it should just help you to describe your situation in detail.

Christian

• Hello Luke Hawkins,

first of all, an endpoint doesn't need to be tethered to the management server for the AV software to run. It needs to be able to download updates from somewhere but even if it doesn't get them it will continue to work. If it has received a policy from the server that includes a scheduled scan the scan will be performed by the endpoint, whether it is connect to the management server or not. 

Furthermore management communication (RMS) and updating are independent. For a start please see Troubleshooting disconnected clients seen within the SEC Console. Many items can likely easily be ticked off in your situation, it should just help you to describe your situation in detail.

Christian

Children
No Data