This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Patch Agent incorrectly reports Server 2012 R2 is missing certain Windows updates

Hello.

I am having an issue where Sophos Patch Agent appears to be incorrectly reporting Windows Server 2012 R2 is missing several critical updates.  I have personally checked this server for updates, and I have made sure all critical updates are installed.  No updates are set to hidden in Windows Update.

I don't know why Sophos is saying the server is missing critical updates, when the server itself says it doesn't need them.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Which one is correct?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Bryan Gritton,

if you go to Control Panel → Programs and Features → Installed Updates and search for, say, KB4019213 - is it there? According to the screenshot PA has been run yesterday.
    Have you subscribed to individual updates or rollups?

Christian

• Thanks, your question helped me figure it out.  There was a group policy setting for Windows Updates that was set incorrectly, causing this server to skip rollup updates.  I've fixed the problem.