This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Client installation on Windows Server 2016

Hello Everybody,

we have new Windows Server 2016, and we want to install the Endpoint client on the server, but the Console is declining the installation

We are using Enterpise Console 5.4.0. Is Windows 2016 not yet supported, or how can i install Endpoint on the server?

Regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello MaxLaser,

it doesn't depend on the console but on the Endpoint version. 10.6.3 (and also the Preview 10.6.4) does not support Server 2016. I'm not Sophos so I can't say when support will be available. According to the release calendar a 10.7.x is in the works soon to be available in Preview and with estimated GA not before Q2 2017. This could be the one you're waiting for.  Otherwise the upcoming GA 10.6.4 might already support Server 2016.

Meanwhile you can't use Protect computers. As far as I have heard 10.6.3 installs (manually from the CID or a package) and runs on Server 2016 without problems. Unsupported doesn't mean it won't work or that you have to expect (serious) issues. Just my personal opinion: If Sophos were to expect major problems they would have issued an advisory and the bootstrapper (setup.exe) or .msis would refuse the installation.

Christian