This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to get rid of error Messages that come with the usage of sevondary update server?

Hi all,

I'm currently in the testing phase to roll out a new security product for my company. Sophos Endpoint Protection seems quite flawless so far however I have a quick question:

According to this Article:

https://www.sophos.com/de-de/support/knowledgebase/12354.aspx

I have configured our Laptops to use the Sophos servers as secondary update source. Even though the update process is successful, the clients still get marked with error 0000006b because the primary update source cannot be reached. However the usage of the secondary update source is a desired behaviour when the laptops are not in our internal network and I don't want any error messages. Do you guys have any idea how to get rid of them?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Daniel,

the basic idea is that Primary is the server location which should be work- and reachable "under normal conditions". Thus an error for the Primary is reported regardless of the success with the secondary (a total failure has its own error message). Sophos as Secondary is sensible if the endpoint is outside and can't reach the Primary - but then usually it also can't communicate with the management server. It will (be able to) report the error once it's inside again - the next update should be from Primary and the error will be cleared. 

Christian