This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web protection is no longer functional. The filtering driver has been bypassed or unloaded

We have a dozen devices showing this error (including a Server)

I have tried :

• Enterprise Console
    1. In the console locate the Anti-Virus and HIPS policy for the endpoint generating the error.
    2. Under 'Web protection' set the following two options to 'Off'.
      1. 'Block access to malicious websites'
      2. 'Content Scanning'
    3. If using Web Control:
      1. Locate the Web control policy for the endpoint generating the error.
      2. Uncheck the 'Enable web control' option.
    4. Now go to the section below, 'Policy Compliance' and continue with the steps there.
  • Policy Compliance
    1. Apply the policy to the computer and, depending on network speed, allow time for the endpoint to reconfigure itself and report back to the console.
    2. Reboot the endpoint computer.

Reinstate the original policy settings that were changed in steps 1 and 2 above.............

With no change in status for the device

What do you suggest I try next ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I have had two different remote sessions with support to try and figured out why this is still happening.

This known issues was to be corrected with 8.10 but still having this issue on both Windows 7 and Windows 10.

On some endpoints the error is a false positive or it triggered once and SEC just wont clear it up.

How to tell if Web Protection is functioning on an endpoint.

http://sophostest.com/malware/index.html

If you get the message "High Risk Website Blocked" and the bottom right says "Sophos Web Protection" then web protection is working.

If you get "Sophos Web Security and Control Test Site" then web protection is not working.

But for me in the end I threat the error as positive and Sophos needs to fix this ongoing issue.