This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

endopint subscription transfer?

Hi,

I work remotely in the UK for a company in the USA.

I have just received a new laptop and need to transfer my endpoint subscription/licence to it (from my current laptop)

Is this possible? I can't even find out where to download endpoint from now.

Thanks

:18807

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • HI,

Does your IT dept in the USA manage your Sophos install?  If they do I would suggest contacting them.

If you manage it yourself you will need to be able to login to the Sophos website to download the installer.

That being said: you could try the following if you installed "standalone" Sophos:

1. On your old laptop, look in the root of your C drive for the temporary unpacked folder (this would have been created by the download.

2. If you found it, copy this to the new computer and run the installation.  Choose to configure updating options later.

3. To ensure it is configured to update, locate the file iconn.cfg on your old laptop, e.g. 
    C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Config \

or

C:\Program files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Config \

Copy this over the file iconn.cfg on the new machine as this has the update location and credentials.   

4. Force an update, hopefully it will work.

Regards,

Jak

:18817
  • HI,

Does your IT dept in the USA manage your Sophos install?  If they do I would suggest contacting them.

If you manage it yourself you will need to be able to login to the Sophos website to download the installer.

That being said: you could try the following if you installed "standalone" Sophos:

1. On your old laptop, look in the root of your C drive for the temporary unpacked folder (this would have been created by the download.

2. If you found it, copy this to the new computer and run the installation.  Choose to configure updating options later.

3. To ensure it is configured to update, locate the file iconn.cfg on your old laptop, e.g. 
    C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Config \

or

C:\Program files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Config \

Copy this over the file iconn.cfg on the new machine as this has the update location and credentials.   

4. Force an update, hopefully it will work.

Regards,

Jak

:18817
Children
No Data