This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

not able discover computers on networks-error 0x800704B8

not able discover computers on networks-below is the error

An extended error has occurred.
----- [outer exception] -----
   -- error: 0x800704B8
   -- facility: Win32

at bool __cdecl GetActiveDirectoryDomains(struct IEEComputerSearch *,wchar_t *,wchar_t *,unsigned long &,wchar_t **&)
   at __w64 long __thiscall ComputerDiscoveryAgentBase::DiscoverSomeComputers(void)
   at __w64 long __thiscall CMainFrame::OnActionDiscoverSomeComputers(unsigned short,unsigned short,struct HWND__ *,int &)
   at int __cdecl Run(int,class bl::CommandLine,enum bl::ConsoleType::Type)
   at int __stdcall wWinMain(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,wchar_t *,int)

:39909

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello raghavendra,

did it ever work? And which method did you use? I assume Discover with Active Directory. If it's the first time you tried this (i.e. you have never tried it before) I suggest you contact Support. Otherwise the usual questions - any recent changes (to SEC, AD, ...) and which versions are involved?

Christian

:39967
  • I have the same problem, sophos is running in Windows 2008 with out AD. Regards
    :49698
  • Hello _Fox_,

with same problem do you mean the same error code or just a problem with discover? As the error in the original post mentions GetActiveDirectoryDomains it looks like AD is involved whereas you say with out AD. Thus I don't think it is the same problem. Could you please post the details of the error you are getting?  

Christian

:49720
  • Having pretty the same issue...
    Wanted to use the network discovery but after typing in the admin account credentials i get the same error as raghavendra

Unknown error
    ----- [outer exception] -----
    -- error: 0x800704B8
    -- facility: Win32

at bool __cdecl GetActiveDirectoryDomains(struct IEEComputerSearch *,wchar_t *,wchar_t *,unsigned long &,wchar_t **&)
    at __w64 long __thiscall ComputerDiscoveryAgentBase::DiscoverSomeComputers(void)
    at __w64 long __thiscall CMainFrame::OnActionDiscoverSomeComputers(unsigned short,unsigned short,struct HWND__ *,int &)
    at int __cdecl Run(int,class bl::CommandLine,enum bl::ConsoleType::Type)
    at int __stdcall wWinMain(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,wchar_t *,int)

The function did work before so its pretty strange... Hope someone can help...

Best regards