This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Resource Usage: SAVservice.exe

Lately I have been investigating some odd resource usage activity on our servers. There seem to be issues with memory usage and high paging on the servers. On each server, the SavService.exe process sits near the top of resource usage in both these areas. It will idle at anywhere between 150 MB to 200 MB and occasionally jump up much higher and then it begins to do a high amount of paging, with an average between 200 pages/sec to well over 1000 page/sec.

There are no scheduled scans running on the machines when the SavService.exe spikes.

From what I read in the forums so far the idle memory usage will usually be somewhere around 100 MB.

For workstations on access scanning is currently only scanning on read and it does not scan memory or archive files.

On-access scanning is currently disabled on server machines.

I guess my main question is, is this resource usage standard behavior for sophos and something I needn't be concerned with?

We currently use Sophos End Point Protection version 10 on servers and workstation, and we use the Sophos Enterprise Console for management. 

:46263

This thread was automatically locked due to age.