This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to acknowledge error Sophos AutoUpdate error 0x0000004B

Looks like this error can't be cleared - doesn't show in the Acknowledge alerts and errors. And no article for it is available.

Christian

:934

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Christian,

I couldn't tell by your post if you are running EC3 or 4 (if that makes a difference).  Support provided me with this workaround to address AU errors that cannot be cleared via the Acknowledge context menu.

http://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/article/28052.html

:1211
  • Hi (how should I address you),

thanks - doesn't make a difference and I know this article (and the steps suggested). It more or less works for error 0x0000006B (but not always if you have also a secondary update server defined).

The subject quotes the complete message: Sophos AutoUpdate error 0x0000004B - and the invalid/valid update location trick seems to have no effect. So I want to know what it wants to tell me :smileywink:

Christian

:1218
  • Hi again,

"Hi (how should I address you),"  I go by Ian.

Unfortunately, I feel your pain on the cryptic hex errors. My personal favorite are the event decode errors.

As for the cleanup, I came by a script to purge update errors, but it also purges SAV and SCF.

This script is for EC3.1 (db name Sophos3 etc...). Haven't had the need to use it on EC4. 

Be sure to replace ####InstanceName### with the appropriate database instance name. 

And of course, use at your own risk etc..., I wouldn't normally share a script that modifies a database, but I can see that you know what you are doing.

Begin script:

cls

@echo off
    Echo.
    echo This program will purge all false update alert data from the database.
    echo Please wait for this script to complete before opening up the console.
    echo.
    pause
    cls
    REM clearing the main database
    REM clear autoupdate, SAV, SCF errors
    osql -E -S ##InstanceName### -d sophos3 -Q "delete from errors where source = 'ALC'"
    REM Reseting console status
    REM Clears SAV errors status from machine information
    osql -S ##InstanceName### -E -d SOPHOS3 -Q "update ComputersAndDeletedComputers set LastAUErrorAlert = null"
    :Enddatabasecorrection
    cls
    @echo off
    echo The script has now completed clearing Sau alerts database
    echo.
    pause
    goto exit
    :exit

-ian

:1266
  • Hi,

If you are using SEC 4 you can use PurgeDB.exe.

PurgeDB.exe -help

Should start you off.

Thanks

:1268
  • Thanks Ian,

I no longer use a script  (the are examples in the knowledgebase and I've got one or two version from support as well), I've distilled it's essence :smileywink:. Used it for example to delete a repeated alert (some 400.000 occurrences) for a specific computer over a specific period.  Of course always at my own risk.

Christian

:1276