This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

how to purge cache using sophos endpoind command line ?

Hello All,

I'm new here.

i need one help

some times i need purge cache on sophos endpoint using the buttom on "on-access scan settings for this computer"

how i can purge cache using sophos endpoint command line ?

i need create one .bat to do this X in X hours

thanks,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Rodrigo Araujo1,

why do you need to do this (and regularly)? There's generally no CLI equivalent of the GUI functions.

Christian

• Hello,

some times when i run robocopy.exe to copy large number of files between 2 machines, some time i need click into Purge Cache to robocopy run quickly.

otherwise, one copy that run perfect in 2 days, uses 1 week

so, i need run Purge Cache by commandline

or i need disable the cache on sophos endpoint

i don't have locate on any place, one .pdf with sophos endpoint Advanced Scanning Settings instructions, i think on this place have any way to disable this cache.

thanks,

• I would have thought that purging the cache would have made the copy slower rather than quicker.

You could stop the savservice, delete the contents of %ProgramData%\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\Cache\ and start the savservice, that should do the same.

I still think it would be slower though :)

Regards,
    Jak

• Hello Rodrigo Araujo1,

said: I would have thought that purging the cache would have made the copy slower
    Would have thought the same. The purpose of the cache is to avoid re-scanning of files that havn't changed since the last scan.

one copy that run perfect in 2 days
    you say the copy takes two days minimum? Assuming the machine is updating normally you can expect two to four new IDEs (sets of definitions) each day. And new definitions invalidate the cache anyway. Assuming it is indeed the cache then you'd have to purge it every very few hours in order to get an effect.

Have you considered setting a process exclusion for robocopy?

Christian

• Hello Rodrigo Araujo1,

said: I would have thought that purging the cache would have made the copy slower
    Would have thought the same. The purpose of the cache is to avoid re-scanning of files that havn't changed since the last scan.

one copy that run perfect in 2 days
    you say the copy takes two days minimum? Assuming the machine is updating normally you can expect two to four new IDEs (sets of definitions) each day. And new definitions invalidate the cache anyway. Assuming it is indeed the cache then you'd have to purge it every very few hours in order to get an effect.

Have you considered setting a process exclusion for robocopy?

Christian

Children
  • Hello,

apologise about my delay

if i setup process exclusion for robocopy, and robocopy read one file with virus, sophos will detect this virus ?

thanks,

Rodrigo

• Hello Rodrigo,

i setup process exclusion
    the files accessed by this process won't be scanned and nothing will be detected.

I can't see how the cache negatively affects performance and purging it speeds things up. Thus I don't think fiddling with the cache is a real solution. If the speed is near normal with the process exclusion then indeed there's some (strange) interaction - in this case you can't have both, speed and detection, unless the actual cause is identified and eliminated.

Christian