This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cant Uninstall Sophos Endpoint on my Windows 7 computer

I have about 5 computers with the same issue, all on the same network for one of our clients.

Windows 7 pro, 64 bit, Sophos Endpoint Software v10.

Logged in locally with the Admin account, and have followed the support page (https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/118849)  and tried to uninstall from the control panel, however getting this error message

------------Error 1721: There is a problem with this windows installer package----------------

Having the same issue for all the computer.

Please help

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Which component are you trying to uninstall?

Which ever it is, then essentially it will be represented under the following "Uninstall" keys:

If it's Native then under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{GUID}\

If it's 32 on 64-bit under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\wow6432node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{GUID}\

For each product there will be a UninstallString value.

For example, on my Central Client I have SAV 10.8.1.316
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{6654537D-935E-41C0-A18A-C55C2BF77B7E}\
    This is a 32-bit package on a 64-bit computer hence it is under WOW6432Node.
    Under this key I can confirm it's SAV as it has the DisplayName as "Sophos Anti-Virus".
    In this instance the uninstallstring value is 

MsiExec.exe /X{6654537D-935E-41C0-A18A-C55C2BF77B7E}
    which is what is called when you attempt an uninstall from Programs and Features.

I would therefore run, the following command against the component that is failing to get an uninstall log:
    MsiExec.exe /X{6654537D-935E-41C0-A18A-C55C2BF77B7E} /L*v%temp%savuninstalllog.txt

Can you provide this?

Regards,

Jak

• Which component are you trying to uninstall?

Which ever it is, then essentially it will be represented under the following "Uninstall" keys:

If it's Native then under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{GUID}\

If it's 32 on 64-bit under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\wow6432node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{GUID}\

For each product there will be a UninstallString value.

For example, on my Central Client I have SAV 10.8.1.316
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{6654537D-935E-41C0-A18A-C55C2BF77B7E}\
    This is a 32-bit package on a 64-bit computer hence it is under WOW6432Node.
    Under this key I can confirm it's SAV as it has the DisplayName as "Sophos Anti-Virus".
    In this instance the uninstallstring value is 

MsiExec.exe /X{6654537D-935E-41C0-A18A-C55C2BF77B7E}
    which is what is called when you attempt an uninstall from Programs and Features.

I would therefore run, the following command against the component that is failing to get an uninstall log:
    MsiExec.exe /X{6654537D-935E-41C0-A18A-C55C2BF77B7E} /L*v%temp%savuninstalllog.txt

Can you provide this?

Regards,

Jak

Children
No Data