This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

migrating Enterprise console 5.2 error

Dear Dude,

I am trying to migrate enterprise console to a new server using Sophos Enterprise Console server to server migration guide, and when importing database to a new server i get errors

OLD SERVER  DETAILS

Server : Windows server 2003 R2

Database : Microsoft SQL server 2008 Express

Sophos : EnterPrise Console 5.2.2

NEW SERVER  DETAILS

Server : Windows server 2012 R2

Database : Microsoft SQL server 2014 Express

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>cd\

C:\>cd C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\ManagementSer
ver\Backup\DataBackupRestore

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\ManagementServer\Bac
kup\DataBackupRestore>DataBackupRestore -Action=Restore -DataSourceType=Database

Are you sure you want to Restore Database in all? (Y/N)
y
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.0.30319.33440
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.34014]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Build started 5/23/2015 4:51:24 AM.
Copy file C:\ProgramData\Sophos\ManagementServer\Backup\Databases\SOPHOSENC52.ba
k successful.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\ManagementServer\Bac
kup\DataBackupRestore>sqlcmd -E -S "(local)\SOPHOS" -d "master" -b -Q "IF EXISTS
(SELECT name FROM master.dbo.sysdatabases WHERE name = N'SOPHOSENC52') BEGIN AL
TER DATABASE SOPHOSENC52 SET OFFLINE WITH ROLLBACK AFTER 5 END"
Msg 5011, Level 14, State 9, Server PM-VSP-SOPHOS\SOPHOS, Line 1
User does not have permission to alter database 'SOPHOSENC52', the database does
not exist, or the database is not in a state that allows access checks.
Msg 5069, Level 16, State 1, Server PM-VSP-SOPHOS\SOPHOS, Line 1
ALTER DATABASE statement failed.

Failed

Process 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\ManagementS
erver\Backup\DataBackupRestore\TRS.bat (local)\SOPHOS SOPHOSENC52 "C:\ProgramDat
a\Sophos\TempData\SOPHOSENC52.bak"' returned Error 1

Build FAILED.

Time Elapsed 00:00:07.11
Process 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\msbuild.exe "C:\Documen
ts and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\ManagementServer\Backup\DataBa
ckupRestore"\BackupRestore.proj /t:Restore /clp:NoSummary /p:SubSystem=all;DataS
ourceType=Database;ExcludeDB=False;LocationSpecific=False;SlientMode=False;DBSer
verInstance=' returned Error 1

kup\DataBackupRestore>

:57354

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello yusuf,

excuse the seemingly dumb question - you did install the database component (apparently the SOPHOS instance is present), the install completed without errors and you are logged on with the account used during install?

Are the expected databases present in the list of databases?

Christian

BTW: There's a dedicated SEC board :smileyhappy:

:57362
  • Eugh, I remember doing this a few months ago - it was not fun.  When migrating 5.2.2 you have to manually add database paths so that trs.bat can do everything it wants to (see the post from TheKiwiGeek at /search?q= 54667 ), but apparently this is fixed in 5.3.

Migrating 5.2.2 was an absolute nightmare, and not a process I'd wish upon anyone.  If possible, I'd advise upgrading to 5.3 beforehand, then migrating this version to the new server.

:57376