This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

internet isolated installation - manually updating

Hi All,

Can anyone provide some guidance on how to update a standalone installation of Sophos Endpoint/antivirus that is isolated from the internet? For security reasons this particular machine cannot be connected to the internet. I can obtain definitions elsewhere and copy them to the machine, but how do I then get Sophos EAV to reference the local update files and not keep trying to go off to the internet for updates?

EAV version 10.3.15.71

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello StevenBurrows,

wanted to point you to some older threads but couldn't find them (lost in transition ???). Hope I recall correctly.

Option 1: Copy the \SAVSCFXP\ folder to the machine and run setup.exe from the local folder using the -mng no switch. The endpoint will be configured to update from this local folder (optionally disable automatic updates from the GUI). To update just replace the contents of the local folder with the current ones and request Update now from the Sophos icon.

Option 2: If you have already installed the SA version create a local folder and put its path in the Address field of the Primary update location (clear User name and Password) and optionally disable automatic updates. To the local folder copy either the contents of SAVSCFXP from the CID or %ProgramData%\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\ from an endpoint which updates from your server and request Update now.

Both options take care of definition (IDE) as well as software updates.

Christian