This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving clients to a new server with A NEW name from a 2003 server to 2012

we want to move from our Sophos enterprise console to another machine this will have a new Name

the old one must keep running until we have all the clients moved to the new server ID DONT WANT THE HISTORY we want to start again!

Installed the new server as per the KB articles

All seemed well but the clients seem to have an issue, I deployed the client from the new console Over the top of the old managed server client it reinstalled but came back with this error

Sophos AutoUpdate status                Date/time            Code      Description                            
                                           17/01/2017 11:56:44  0000006b  Download of Sophos Endpoint Defense failed from server \\NEW SERVER\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\

If I uninstall the Sophos Av from the client and remove all reg entries and left over dll files then deploy from the new server I do not get this error it works ok !

help would be appreciated I tried goggling the description error but haven't found anything useful

so its just How to redirect windows endpoints to a new server

I followed this KB even trying the scripted routes but it still fails with the same error

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Nigel,

don't mention it (or you're welcome depending on your version of en- [;)]).

You can re-protect the endpoints that have downgraded on old, or you can (as mentioned) select Preview on new. One thing I've forgot to say - if you did export/import the certificates (so that new management has the same "identity") you can simply change the update location (on old) to the new server (no re-protect required). AutoUpdate will correctly handle up-/downgrades when the CID (or its content) changes.

Christian