This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos AutoUpdate issue

Hi all,

Recently changed password in our environment for the Sophos Protection.

Since doing that and sending out the new password to all machines, only a few have managed to update without issue.

Now we are getting a lot of locked out account errors, once the service account is unlocked my machine updates and downloads the packages, but when another machine that I use as well, that just errors after 3 download package attempts, I've looked at the log file and have pinpointed these errors below.

Any ideas what the issue is and how I can go about resolving this other than doing a fresh install on the server?

Folder is being shared with new service account and password. (not advanced sharing-should I configure to this?)

I've looked at some previous discussions on this forum, but a lot have been due to errors not affecting my environment

Error -2147217660 in ReadCustomerIDFile
SAUControlConfigParser:: Caught runtime_error exception: SAUControl config is not available
InstallSequencer:: Caught runtime_error exception: Invalid cache path.
<ErrorMessage><ID>CIDDownloadFailed</ID><StringID>107</StringID><Sender>CIDUpdate</Sender><Insert>Sophos AutoUpdate</Insert><Insert>\\servername\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\</Insert></ErrorMessage><ReadableMessage>
Trace(2021-Sep-02 18:22:32): CIDUpdate(Info): Could not add a connection to server \\servername\SophosUpdate; user domain\SophosUD612; Windows error 1909
Trace(2021-Sep-02 18:22:33): CIDUpdateLocation::SyncProduct: Failed to update product (RMSNT) from "\\servername\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\", Error is :CIDSYNC_E_SRCNOTFOUND (Source not found.)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.