This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Uninstall Sophos Enterprise Console (551) & Database

Hello,

I have Sophos Enterprise Console installed on an SDC W12 R2. There are several issues with the install in that when I try to run the installer, I get the "You do not have sufficient database rights". I am in the Domain Admins, Sophos DB Admin, Sophos Console Admin etc etc groups so not sure why this is an issue. 

I checked the logs in: c:\ProgramData\Sophos\Management Installer\Sophos_bootstrapper..... and I get this error:

Error: COM error. Connection String:Provider=SQLOLEDB.1; Integrated Security=SSPI; Initial Catalog=Sophos551; Data Source=(local)\SQLExpress; use procedure for prepare=1; Auto Translate=......... Error: IDispatch error#3081; Description: The SELECT permission was denied on the Object 'Computers'; database 'SOPHOS551', schema  'dbo'.

I went into SQL Studio and looked at the properties of the SOPHOS551 db. The owner of that is set for a <domain\username> where the username is no longer valid. I believe this was meant to the SophosManagement (Sophos DB) useraccount? 

I tried to then follow two KB articles: 

1. support.sophos.com/.../KB-000033317
  2. https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000034444?language=en_US

But I could not uninstall the Sophos Database step or the step from there onwards. 

My questions are:

1. How can I change the owner of this database to <domain\SophosManagement>? (If this is the right account it should be installed to?)

2. why, as a domain admin doesn't have "sufficient database rights"?

3. How can I cleanly uninstall all components of Sophos SEC including the database so that I can start a fresh install?

Thank you. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.