This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Upgrade from 5.5.0 to 5.5.2

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from the Sophos Enterprise Console 5.5.0 to 5.5.2 and I got an error Unable to install Sophos Credential Store Service and failed to upgrade to 5.5.2.

The SEC 5.5.0 is still there. The Under Programs and Features I find the Sophos Management Console and Sophos Management Server are still with version 5.5.0.

Could you please let me know how to fix this error and what I will do next to complete an upgrade to 5.5.2

Your assistance on this request would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

T Doan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello T Doan,

the database is considered a remote database when the Database Component is not installed, regardless of where it actually resides.

Unfortunately I can't test this scenario (especially as the problem might be related to the server's role as DC). Thinking about it - no Database Component is installed at the moment. If you reinstall the 5.5.0 Database Component using the MSI from the \sec_550 folder as per the article (don't forget the CREATE_DATABASES=0). Afterwards check that all components are 5.5.0. You should then be able to to upgrade to 5.5.2.

Christian

• Hi Christian,

Just to let you know the support team solved my problem as follows

The SEC 5.5.2 has a new component Credential Store. I am not sure SEC 5.5. 1 has this component or not. Because I upgraded from SEC 5.5.0 to 5.5.2

1)  You will need to check "NT SERVICE\ALL SERVICES" from the GPO that is applied to the server then to Local Policies> User Rights Assignment> Log on as a Service. If it does not exist

then you need to add NT SERVICE\ALL SERVICES to the group policy. This will  avoid getting any error while upgrading.

2)  If you got the following errors while upgrading.

The server cannot be upgraded. The current credentials do not permit access to the SOPHOS552 database or The Enterprise Console components installed on this computer are not the           same version.... You need to do

a)  Check if the SOPHOS552 database currently exists on the server by running the command in command prompt: sqlcmd -E -S .\SOPHOS -q "SELECT NAME FROM sys.databases"

b)   When this is complete, check Add/Remove Programs and make sure there are currently no 5.5.2 components on the server, uninstall them if they exist.       

c)  If  the Database Sophos552 exists then you go to the Administrator command prompt and enter the following commands to drop the database Sophos552

sqlcmd -E -S .\Sophos

DROP DATABASE Sophos552

Go

Quit

d)  Run the command in administrative command prompt to install the 5.5.2 database component without creating databases (Change database_username and domain to the                          your DB user):

msiexec /i"C:\sec_552\ServerInstaller\Database64.msi" DATABASE_SERVERNAME="(local)\SOPHOS" DATABASE_USERNAME="SophosManagement"         

DATABASE_USERNAMEDOMAIN="NTDOMAIN" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos" CREATE_DATABASES=0

e)  Now you can run setup.exe from the C:\sec_552 folder. All is fine after upgrading. It worked for my case.

I hope these would help someone who has the same problems as my case.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

T Doan