This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Software hangs with Endpoint installed.

This software hangs.

I’ve tried every sort for component disabling, website and directory excluding I can think of.

Nothing but unistalling the Endpoint software helps.

Windows7 IE11 seems to be the culprit on multiple machines. 

They say IE10 was not an issue.

Endpoint 10.6.3 and the 10.6.4 preview.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Old thread, but for me it seems to be back on a customer system (Terminal Server environment based on Windows Server 2012 R2).

After installing Sophos Central Server protection a business related ActiveX control started to crash even with all protection features disabled for troubleshooting.

Finally (after finding this thread) setting the value LoadAppInit_DLLs to 0 solved the crash issue.

The same component on a Windows 7 client with Sophos Central Endpoint protection does not crash.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

• Do you have a dump to share?  

Out of interest, if you close all IE processes, create the reg key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MEMPROTECT_MODE

Under that create a DWORD called:

iexplore.exe

set the value to 0.

You may also need to create the same FEATURE_MEMPROTECT_MODE reg key under the native key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\

Do you see the issue with the Sophos DLL loaded again?

I suspect you could also set it under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MEMPROTECT_MODE
    and
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\wow6432node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MEMPROTECT_MODE

to configure this on a user rather than computer basis.

Interested to know if this helps.

Regards,

Jak

• Hi Jak,

I cannot make dumps from machines belonging to our customers available in the Internet (data protection regulations).

Tried the key you mentioned and the crash is still there with the iexplore.exe values added and the Sophos DLL loaded.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf