This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SafeGuard BitLocker Encryption fails: BitLocker encryption key could not be obtained from the Trusted Platform Module (TPM)

Good Afternoon

I'm receiving an error when trying to configure Encryption on a HP Probook 450 G4 that is shown in the following KB: community.sophos.com/.../124400

The laptop is currently in Legacy mode running Windows 10 Pro. I've looked in TPM management and it's displaying the following:

'The TPM is ready for use, with reduced functionality, Information Flags: 0x80000'

'The TCG event log is empty or cannot be read'

I've read up on the above KB and it states 'To enable BitLocker Drive Encryption with TPM and PIN on machines that are installed in legacy (BIOS) mode without re-installing the operating system, the security chip setting in the machines firmware needs to be changed from Intel PTT to Discrete TPM'

I can't find this option within the BIOS of HP Probook 450 G4 anywhere, i'm not sure if it's entirely possible?

I've managed to Encrypt a HP Probook 450 G3 with Legacy BIOS enabled with TPM and PIN authentication which is confusing me..

Thanks

James

This thread was automatically locked due to age.