This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem Updating 6.00.1 to 7.00.1.2

Hey,

currently I am in the process of updating old safeguard clients (~500) from 5.60 / 5.80 / 6.00 / 6.00.1 to the newest version. Uninstalling the old and then installing the new version takes a lot of reboots and therefore a lot of time, so I thought I give updating a try. Since I dont want to have too many steps in between I decided its good enough to only update my 6.00.X clients to 7.00.1.2 - something which should be fairly easy considering the Sophos Upgrade guide document.

Well, on my test system the whole process doesnt seem that easy.

System: Win 7 64bit

Safeguard Version installed: 6.00.1

Safeguard Version I want to update to: 7.00.1.2

When trying to update to 7.00.2.23 the installer says clearly that I cant upgrade from this to that version, so I tried 7.00.1.2 - the PreInstall and Client Packages do install successfully. BUT a) the configuration protection doesnt get removed and b) I cant install my configuration package so that the client uses the new enterprise server and not the old one. Trying to install the configuration package ends in a generic error along the lines of "the installer ended with an error, no changes where made". 

I'm at a total loss here - anything I overlooked?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.