Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

XG230 and Grandstream phone 1615

Am trying to configure Grandstream 1615 phone to connect to XG230 using the inbuild openvpn function in the phone. I have already created a user on the xg230 and allowed the account the access vpn. I have also downloaded the config file which has *.ovpn.

The issue is the that the Grandstream phone required three files which are CA file ca.crt, Client certificate file *.crt and Client key *.key files. I need a guild on how to get those files to that I can configure the phone to connect to the XG 230 firewall.

Thank you

Parents
  • Since you posted this in the UTM forum i'll reply as it applies to UTM.  Inside the ovpn file you download, below the openvpn settings you'll find the 3 certificates. They can be saved with the respective file name as they're all text based.

As for XG, no clue there, haven't touched that system in some time - not my cup of tea, and will be migrating to a different product before utm stops functioning.  I would expect similar behavior as it's not providing you the certificates separately. Good luck.

• Since you posted this in the UTM forum i'll reply as it applies to UTM.  Inside the ovpn file you download, below the openvpn settings you'll find the 3 certificates. They can be saved with the respective file name as they're all text based.

As for XG, no clue there, haven't touched that system in some time - not my cup of tea, and will be migrating to a different product before utm stops functioning.  I would expect similar behavior as it's not providing you the certificates separately. Good luck.

Children
No Data