Configuring VPN Remote Access for the first time on your Sophos XG Firewall? Check out this useful Community post!
Advisory: Sophos XG Firewall - Antivirus service stopped due to failed pattern update. Please visit this KBA for the latest updates
SophosZap is a last resort command line clean up tool focused on uninstalling Sophos Endpoint products to revert a machine to a clean state. To uninstall we strongly recommend that you use the standard product uninstaller first. Only use SophosZap when all other uninstall options have failed, as SophosZap uses heuristics trying to identify Sophos components on potentially partial information and that carries additional risks.
The following sections are covered:
Applies to the following Sophos products and versions SophosZap
SophosZap can remove problematic setups involving:
SophosZap will stop running if incompatible products are discovered, you will need to manually remove these products before proceeding. Incompatible products include:
Before running SophosZap, please be aware that additional reboots other than those mentioned below may be required. Ensure you monitor the output from the tool carefully to ensure you follow the requested actions.
1. Disable Tamper Protection
If you're unsure how to do this, please see Sophos Endpoint: How to disable Tamper Protection
2. Download SophosZap from the link below:
3. Confirm the version is 1.0.1853.0
Right click SophosZap.exe > Properties > Details tab > File version
4. Open an Administrative command prompt and navigate to the file location of SophosZap.exe
5. Start the application with the following command:
6. The following screen will appear and remain for several minutes whilst working:
Note: An appendable log is saved to the current user account's %Temp% folder
7. Once SophosZap has completed its first steps you will see a prompt to Reboot and re-execute, as below:
8. Reboot the machine and initialize SophosZap by opening an Administrative command prompt and entering the command below:
Once all the above tasks have completed reboot the machine, a fresh installation of Sophos products should now be possible.
If after running SophosZap you are still unable to remove your Sophos products please follow the below steps:
Every comment submitted here is read (by a human) but we do not reply to specific technical questions. For technical support post a question to the community. Or click here for new feature/product improvements. Alternatively for paid/licensed products open a support ticket.