Next EAP release date?

Any word on when a EAP 2 refresh 1 or EAP 3 will be out?

This random reboot and loss of connection is killing me .

Parents Reply
  • Gentlemens, there is potential in DPI. Remember that this is an early access phase. Not everything goes well, some pages are not decrypted, but the mechanism itself seems to be OK. Let's give the Sophos a chance to prove themselves.

The idea is innovative, but it needs to be refined. That is why we are a community to help in this. Instead of complaining, let's report bugs - thanks to this next releases will be much better.

Children
  • , in my case DPI is introducing more issues than proxy. I am using SSL decrypt and scan since v16 and not big problem.

, "the idea is not innovative". Other brands are using DPI since several years and I can remember the frustration at the beginning with another vendor when the customer moved from UTM 8 to the new brand. SSL/TLS was painful. Many websites stopped working.

Using DPi is the way to go for a NGFW instead of UTM as the same packet is analysed once (or very few times) compared to UTM where the same packet is open/closed and analysed by many different engines.

I fully understand how difficult is to integrate everything with snort engine but for the moment, a part my issue and some others, they did a great job with DPI. From v18 GA, DPI can only improve.

XG suffers other big problems at the moment and I hope they listen and they stop to close features that are not yet completed, as they do not.

Regards