Update ideas.sophos.com ideas accordingly

"Thank you for the feedback.
We value your input. Your feature request will be added to our list for consideration in a future release."

Thanks for adding this reply to all feature request, but in my opinion, Sophos you should take all the feature requests collected on beta forum, put them in the

so future users can vote the feature and you decide the priorities.

Adding the words above, users are not able to track down the status, if the idea has been discarded, and so forth.

Also, make sure you keep the https://ideas.sophos.com/forums/330219-xg-firewall updated. Users use that area!

Thanks
Parents
  • For all the good it will do, sure, here or there they will likely never be implemented anyway. Sophos really needs to clean up the ideas.sophos.com site and update anything that has been implemented, won't be implemented, or have simply been marked as "being considered" for over two years when the reality is it will probably never happen. I think they should implement a bug tracking style site for ideas so each "considered for a future release" idea actually gets a log that is kept up to date as to the progress of implementation. The ideas website is a great thing but only useful if it is kept up to date, otherwise it is just another forum. We may as well be posting our ideas on Reddit, they would get just about as much attention. I mean come on, when your top idea has 630 votes and was set as "Under Review" and "Under Consideration for a future release" over TWO AND A HALF YEARS ago it doesn't give people much hope.

XG as NTP Server

NTP Server is a small package and UTM9 has it. In some small organization, having a central NTP server is a nice feature.
    Can you add it into future release?

This feature is under consideration for a future release, though a target version or timeframe is not yet set.

I do however agree that we should stop posting "ideas" here on this forum as this was meant to be a place to discuss bugs and other issues related to V18, not request improvements or new features although it feels like a good place for such requests. 

• Hello JTBRUNNER,

here is a brief overview of the 7' TOP required functions, please check the list below. For me, this is not an encouraging overview at all. However, I think the state of these requirements is sufficient to tell us how Sophos looks at community requirements in the development of SFOS.

I think we all agree that these 7 features would benefit SFOS very much.

Regards

alda

XG as NTP Server                                                                                    term implication is unknown
    Let's Encrypt Integration                                                                          term implication is unknown
    Scheduled Installation of the AV Updates and Firmware Installation             term implication is unknown
    live Bandwidth speeds for Interfaces                                                         planned for v18.5 (supposedly)
    Improve Logging                                                                                     planned for v18.5 (supposedly)
    Enable/Disable Interface                                                                          planned for v18.5 (supposedly)
    Rename/Comment Physical Interface objects                                             already implemented, but incomplete

• I like that last one, implemented, but incomplete, seems to be par for the course.

Reply Children