Next EAP release date?

Any word on when a EAP 2 refresh 1 or EAP 3 will be out?

This random reboot and loss of connection is killing me .

Parents Reply Children
  • At the moment, your advice is worth considering ;-)

For now, EAP "eats" a lot of CPU and RAM resources, which eliminates the possibility of upgrading on older devices. Unless SOPHOS is focused on new customers who already buy new equipment. The second thing is that the devices in DPI mode work smoothly, unfortunately you need to add most of the traffic to TLS Exclusion. Does that make sense?

I wonder if there is a chance for SOPHOS to scale the software to the capabilities of its devices? Is there a chance that the DPI engine will work flawlessly?

These are just a few loose thoughts ...

PS If UTM had an IMAP scan, I would stay with this solution. In my opinion, it has everything you need.

Cheers ;-)

• I will not install v18 at my lob.  Just unworkable.  I have to do IT moves in May this year.  We already moved away for mails and WEB scanning in such a manner that our firewalls are now empty shells.  EndPoints have been moved partially back to Symantec.  So maybe we will stay with v17 just for the sake of doing very basic firewall and VPN duties.  Up until another supplier bring to market an integrated solution that’s worth moving.  It is my current thinking Sophos will not achieve a workable solution within this decade.   I will continue to monitor v18 at home and see 3 to 5 years from now ...  Sophos is just too time consuming.

Paul Jr