Well done for the Sophos Central reporting but...where is the on-premise version?

Finally today,

I found the time to have a look at the new Sophos Central reporting product. Nice, clean and quick compared to XG reporting where reporting is very bad in my opinion (compared to UTM and SCR).

Anyway, Sophos, as other vendors are moving EVERYTHING to the Cloud as the Cloud is the future (soon we will go back to datacenter. IT world is a cycle). Anyway, so my question to reflect on is:

What about SCR on-premise? Many European customers will never move to Cloud. Think about banks, military environment, and other companies. In the last week, I visited 3 customers where they will stay on-premise installation (2 of them use SEA and one SWA) and asked me:

every vendor is moving to the Cloud, even Sophos, we are considering small vendor for products that are available even for on-premise. Think about dear Sophos and make sure that all the "fantastic" products you only have on the Cloud are also available for on-premise installation.

Cloud is not safer than on-premise!

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/613596/how-a-quantum-computer-could-break-2048-bit-rsa-encryption-in-8-hours/

Do not forget or abandon this market share portion!

Regards

Parents Reply Children
No Data