Advisory: Support Portal Maintenance. Login is currently unavailable, more info available here.
A small subset of incoming email messages are appearing in user inboxes in a strange format which I'd characterise as "MIME not decoded properly" format. For example, the first few lines of one message:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
There doesn't seem to be any pattern to this yet; or at least none I've identified. There are no other MTAs involved - just Office 365, Sophos in MTA mode, and the internal Exchange server. Since most messages are working, I'm not even sure where to start with this or what other information will help, so any suggestions are welcomed.
Edit: There appears to be a significant difference in the SMTP headers. The "broken" email I have shows headers like this:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Compare that to a working email from the same sender to the same recipients:
Is it possible the Sophos is breaking it apart and reassembling poorly during scanning? There doesn't appear to be anything obviously "strange" in the re-sent copy that worked.
So SFOS 17.5.5 MR-5 is out and no mention whatsoever of a fix for this....
Apologies for any inconvenience caused, there is currently an open ID related to this (NC-44646) that our team is investigating. If you think you are also affected, please raise a support case referencing this ID, and send me a PM for tracking purposes.
Louis Swanepoel I reviewed the activities within your support case (#8783646), please reply back to the latest email with the requested logs and samples so that further investigation can be performed.
PRC_N Please reply back to the latest email (#8781751) with your availability for a remote troubleshooting session.
Please don't hesitate to PM me directly if you had any questions or concerns.
When do you rollout 17.5 MR6? You wrote end of may.
Somebody also wrote that the Patch is testing . Thats over a month ago.
My Case: #8874601
Not sure when they will release v17.5 MR6, however I am testing the patch for the DEV team now and it has indeed has fixed the issue 100%. Hopefully the will roll out MR6 soon for people suffering through it like we did.
Hi Markus Heinle
My apologies for this inconvenience, but this referenced release date was postponed.
No information has been announced yet, but please stay tuned.
Hopefully they fixed it in MR6 100%. Cause Sophos installed a patch (hotfix), but the issue wasn't fixed with that.
With my XG they did a patch and it also had no effect the first time around, so I escalated again and they did a second patch which seems to have fixed the problem.