This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

authentication issue for one user

I have our web appliance set up to sync with Active Directory and to use SSO.  It works for all users except for one.  This user was given a new computer running Windows 10 Pro recently and since then he cannot browse the web unless he manually logs in to the Captive Portal.    No changes have been made to his account at all.  What would be the possible causes for this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Have the same random problem in different computer.

As workaround i add to the policy the IP of the computer for a cuple of days, after i remove the IP and the SSO continu to work.

Would be very usefull to know which check could be done in the affected PC to test SSO.

• I often see many of my users have NTLM Auth issues.   Often the only way I can get them to ID properly is to open an non-SSL connection to a webserver http://www.zombo.com is my goto. the idea that I've heard from SophosTS is that when the user is attempting to connect to a SSL that does not have whitelisting in the HTTPS scanning they are unable to see the traffic and thus not able to ID via NTLM.  I have setup my users homepage to be our company's non SSL main webpage.  this has more or less gotten most of our problem children IDing properly.  but then again some users I can't get to ID to save my life. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯