This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hardware Web Appliance "has failed to reach the Sophos LiveConnect Service for more than 30 minutes. "

Hardware Web Appliance "has failed to reach the Sophos LiveConnect Service for more than 30 minutes. "

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.  I tried the suggested steps: Configuration, Network, Network Activity, Test.  The test generates an exclamation mark (warning) on "Connect to LiveConnect service".  Clicking on "your custom LiveConnect URL" takes me to a page that says "This site can't be reached" and suggests "checking the connection" and "checking the proxy and the firewall."  The connection is fine except for when connecting to that page.  The proxy isn't the problem, and what exactly do I check the firewall for?  Nothing has changed that I know of.  I rebooted the appliance but that didn't help.  

I already put in a support ticket about this problem, but if my last ticket is any indication I will be waiting at least a week for a response.  Any advice is appreciated!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Are you using the Web Appliance w/ Live Connect and Sophos Endpoint Protection Web Control integration?

We have been having an issue with this for a few months, turn off Endpoint Web Control(Configuration-->System-->Endpoint Web Control), click Apply, then turn back on and Apply.

That may get the error to clear (if you are indeed using this feature) but it can reoccur.  We have a support ticket open that's been escalated to Development but no ETA for resolution.  It's been stated that this is cosmetic in our case, and that everything is still functional behind the scenes.  Thought to be a DNS issue of some kind.

• When I checked the dashboard the next day the error was gone.  We did not do anything.  Thank you though!