This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Allow Norton Antivirus LiveUpdate through Web Protection

Hi all,

I've done some searching in the forums here on this topic, but can't find any relevant threads except for the one about using the web proxy in Standard mode.

We have a UTM425, running Sophos release 9.111, and have web filtering turned ON in Transparent mode.  None of the Norton Antivirus programs are able to connect to LiveUpdate anymore.  The error is the same as the other post I found; "there is a problem connecting to the LiveUpdate server".  If I disable the web filtering option in the UTM425, then the clients can successfully connect and update.  I have tried putting URL exceptions in for symantec.com and symantecliveupdate.com but neither of these help.  

Has anyone else had this problem?  Can you offer suggestions to fix it?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks Bob, I'll give this a shot and look around the IPS logs too.
  • Well, just got around to running these few tests, and I am still NOT able to get the Symantec/Norton LiveUpdate to run with the Web Filter turned on.  I have upgraded our UTM to the latest available version, and have tried disabling the IPS... it still doesn't work.  The only way I am able to get the clients to successfully run a Symantec LiveUpdate is to disable the Web Protection - Web Filtering feature.  The Web Filtering Live Log does not show any error lines, so I can't tell if it is blocking some URL or what is going on?!

Are there any other ideas as to where I could look to fix this?

Thanks!
  • Well, just got around to running these few tests, and I am still NOT able to get the Symantec/Norton LiveUpdate to run with the Web Filter turned on.  I have upgraded our UTM to the latest available version, and have tried disabling the IPS... it still doesn't work.  The only way I am able to get the clients to successfully run a Symantec LiveUpdate is to disable the Web Protection - Web Filtering feature.  The Web Filtering Live Log does not show any error lines, so I can't tell if it is blocking some URL or what is going on?!

Are there any other ideas as to where I could look to fix this?

Thanks!
Children
No Data