This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Allow Norton Antivirus LiveUpdate through Web Protection

Hi all,

I've done some searching in the forums here on this topic, but can't find any relevant threads except for the one about using the web proxy in Standard mode.

We have a UTM425, running Sophos release 9.111, and have web filtering turned ON in Transparent mode.  None of the Norton Antivirus programs are able to connect to LiveUpdate anymore.  The error is the same as the other post I found; "there is a problem connecting to the LiveUpdate server".  If I disable the web filtering option in the UTM425, then the clients can successfully connect and update.  I have tried putting URL exceptions in for symantec.com and symantecliveupdate.com but neither of these help.  

Has anyone else had this problem?  Can you offer suggestions to fix it?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The lines you posted are just the HTTP/S Proxy figuring out which is the server it should use for lookups.  De-select the 'Accessed pages', too in your Exception and try again.

If there's nothing related to Norton in the Web Filtering log, then check #1 in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • The lines you posted are just the HTTP/S Proxy figuring out which is the server it should use for lookups.  De-select the 'Accessed pages', too in your Exception and try again.

If there's nothing related to Norton in the Web Filtering log, then check #1 in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data