Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bypass a computer from web protection

hello, i have a group of computers,

which are all behind the Sophos, and i need 1 of them, to have full access to the web, without the policy applied to him,

but, that computer cannot be removed from the Sophos...

thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi ShlomiSherman,

Are you using the Sophos XG Firewall Home Edition or Sophos Home (home.sophos.com)?

Kind regards

Nick
  • i am guessing the latter?
    i downloaded the free version - Sophos UTM 9 Home version.

• I have not set up web filtering bypasses yet, but with a quick look at the web filter panel I am going to assume you would want to create the person a user account and assign them a static ip address. 

Go into Web Protection > Filtering Options > Bypass Users > Green Plus > Check box to assign static remote access ip.

You might want to assign the user a static IP in DHCP, create a new Host Definition with their mac address and ip address, this will ensure their computer will not change ips when the lease runs out (as long as the UTM is running DHCP)

I can not guarantee this will work, I am only guessing this is the way to go about it.

--
    SCA/UTM/XG  Sophos Platinum Partner

• Hello Shlomi,

as Jaesii said i would bind the computer by DHCP to a fixed IP Address, create a Host Definition on the UTM and add it to WebProtection -> Filtering Options -> Misc -> Transparent Mode Skiplist for Source Hosts/Nets.
    Greetings