This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Report for concurrent user/machine connections both live and historical

Hi there,
Basically as per the title, looking for a way of reporting on concurrent usage either user/machine connections both live and historic.
Had a look around the reports / dashboards and can't see anything close.
Is there any way of finding this out please?
Thanks

Chris

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Not sure I understand what you're looking for, Chris.  Maybe youcould share the question that would be answered by having such a report.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

Basically "how many concurrent users are using the Web Protection (proxy) at any given moment" and "how many are using it at any given point historically" (up to a point of course)
    i.e. on the old Sophos Web Appliances (old I know) there used to be a table/graph just on the dashboard that shows concurrent connections peak that day.
    Does that exist on the UTM?
    Thanks

• I'm fairly certain that those statistics aren't tracked, Chris.  The best you can do are the 'Network Usage' graphs and the 'Bandwidth Usage' tab sorted by "Top Services."

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks Bob

In there, I found graphs for "concurrent connections" at the bottom - what sort of connections are they then? In and out? Web?
    i.e. for me they seem very very high, like 47k and we only have around 4k machines!

• The connection tracker sees new connections between IPs where the connection passes through the UTM.  It doesn't see connections inside subnets connected to the UTM.  Apparently, each of your machines makes a little less than 12 connection on average.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • The connection tracker sees new connections between IPs where the connection passes through the UTM.  It doesn't see connections inside subnets connected to the UTM.  Apparently, each of your machines makes a little less than 12 connection on average.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data