This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Free VPN client ?

What client is everyone using for their HOME USE Astaro firewall ?

Suggestions for one for windows 7 64bit ? 

I'm just reading pages how to setup the vpn connection from scratch on a fresh new installed/updated Astaro firewall.

Here goes learning.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Its, you wil want SSL or L2TP, depending on where you are...

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Its, you wil want SSL or L2TP, depending on where you are...

Cheers - Bob

I got everything working, BAlfson, your little tid bits of information help me learn better, instead of giving me the full answer, i have learned alot from this software, and really like it and enjoy it. HATE sonicwall.! Hope to get my hands on a Astaro Security Gateway 220 ASG220 Rev.2 in the next day or 2, just waiting to hear back if the free/home version runs on the 220.
  • In order to make the free software and home-use license work on the Astaro appliances, you must re-partition the hard drive or dig into it and delete the file that identifies the computer as an ASG appliance.  The one thing you don't get is the use of the LCD on the front panel, but, if you have strong linux skills you may be able to look through the posts here over the last year or so and get there.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA