This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

L2TP over IPsec wont let users reconnect after losing connection

I have about 50 people connecting through the L2TP vpn on a UTM 320 in an HA configuration with the latest software.  (It's done this through multiple builds though)  If the users lose connection due to the internet dropping such as them losing their wifi at home, they can no longer connect to the vpn when their internet connection is restored.  The only remedy that i have found if this happens is to restart the entire UTM, fail over to the other one and then it works again.  I am thinking that it is holding the session and doesn't know the user disconnected or something.  There has to be another way to fix this though!

Thank you

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If I do this will it disconnect the users that are still connected to the vpn?  I don't want to accidentally do that.  We are using radius.

Thank you!

• Yes, that would disconnect everyone just as restarting the current active node, but nothing else would be disrupted.  Did you find anything in the logs?

I would definitely open a Support case for this if you haven't already.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Yes, that would disconnect everyone just as restarting the current active node, but nothing else would be disrupted.  Did you find anything in the logs?

I would definitely open a Support case for this if you haven't already.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data