This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

disconnecting VPN if internal LAN is connected

Hello,

my happy little Users are not disconnecting their VPN if they attching their Notebook to the Dockingstation.

They are then connected over VPN AND the internal LAN.

Is there a possibility to automatically disconnect the VPN if they connect to the internal LAN?

regards

Tibor

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Tibor,
    which VPN client is used?
    From the SG / UTM side I am not aware of any direct possibility.
    You could possibly block the VPN on the SG firewall ...
    We only use a few of the possible settings of the Open VPN. If OpenVPN brings something like this, it could be set in the config file on the client.
    ... or you can prevent the automatic VPN setup by activating the 2FA of the SG.

Greetings,

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Hello Dirk,

we use the Sophos SSL Client and Securepoint..
    unfortunately i heaven't seen any options like that.

Yes blocking with the Firewall would be a option but that should bee the last option if nothing other will work.

Greetings

Tibor

• Hallo Tibor,

I'm not familiar with Securepoint, but I see that it also uses OpenVPN.  Whenever I disconnect my laptop from one network and plug it into another, my SSL VPN connections never automatically re-establish.  Do you see persist-tun in the client config file?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA