This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IP keeps changing on interface

Hey, guys. I have a weird issue going on at the moment. I have a Sophos UTM (its just a dell box with extra nic cards) set up with my normal LAN then a guest WAP(its just a netgear router with DHCP turned off and not even plugged into the WAN port on it). For what ever reason, my guest interface IP keeps changing. I've noticed it happens when my router is restarted, but have not seen it restart lately. System logs show a whole lot of "2016:11:01-00:01:00 jonespwns dhclient: DHCPREQUEST on eth0 to 192.168.133.1 port 67" when this happens. I'm not entirely sure why DHCP is trying to do anything to it as I have the guest interface statically assigned. Any help is appreciated. My girlfriend is gonna beat me if the wifi keeps dropping. thanks in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • That seems to be for eth0. Is eth0 interface the interface you use for the AP?

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• That seems to be for eth0. Is eth0 interface the interface you use for the AP?

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

Children