This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9.4 install starts then fails with No hardware detected

Howdy folks.

I bought an ultra small form factor PC to load UTM 9 on. The hardware specs check out and meet the requirements of UTM. The hardware I purchase is a J1900 quad core processor, 8 GB RAM,  128 GB HDD, and dual NICs. Here's the unit I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0148KG6DC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The installation starts and detects my hardware as:

4 Intel Celeron CPU J1900 @ 1.99 GHz, 2000 MHz

c400-MTFDDAT128M (122,104 MB)

CD/DVD ROM (the external optical drive I'm booting from)

2 Realtek RTL8111/8168 PCI Express gigabit Ethernet controllers

I walk through setting the time zone, date and time, pick the NIC for the admin interface, set the IP configuration, 32/64 bit kernel decision (I choose 64), enterprise toolkit decision (yes), then.... BOOM.

"No appliance hardware has been detected."

If I look at the log after the error I see:

system: mount -t mount /dev/sda6 /dest

mount: mounting /dev/sda6 on /dest failed: No such file or directory

I've got some basic Linux background, but not a ton. Any and all guidance here would be appreciated!!!!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Mike,

You didn't say which ISO you installed from but that error message usually means you are installing using the wrong ISO.  When installing on your own hardware and not a Sophos Appliance you need to use the ISO with a name starting with asg-9 and not starting with ssi-9.

Hope that helps.

• Hello Mike,

You didn't say which ISO you installed from but that error message usually means you are installing using the wrong ISO.  When installing on your own hardware and not a Sophos Appliance you need to use the ISO with a name starting with asg-9 and not starting with ssi-9.

Hope that helps.

Children