This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Patterns not consistently updating...

Hi, all - 

We're running a SUM to manage 9 remote UTM's. One of my weekly tasks is to insure that all of the UTM's are all up to date, so I scheduled some weekly jobs (PreFetch updates, Update firmware, Update pattern, Reboot) on all the remote systems.

All of them are working okay, but this week I came up with an interesting situation: All of the UTM's are at FW 9.310011, but the "Pattern" numbers are all over the board.

After updating last night, I've got the following pattern numbers:
3 UTM's are at 80400;
5 UTM's are at 80842;
1 UTM is at 80848.

When I manually check the three that are at 80400, they say that no pattern update is available, but the SUM shows them to me in bright red, telling me that they're more than 60 out of date.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi R_Shores,

your pattern numbers depends on your feature set and are only getting increased if there is a pattern update for your specific features applied. 
    Our update servers on the other side increases its number with every number pattern for every feature we provide. There are especially a lot of of anti virus pattern updates which you probably haven't enabled. 

To describe your current situation: there are more than 60 pattern updates available which you can/do not need to apply, since you don't use the corresponding features.

This behaviour is a known issue and isn't going to be fixed.

So in short, the indicator in the SUM Gateway Manager only states: if you had all features enabled then you would be more than 60 pattern updates behind. If you don't have all features enabled you're probably fine.

Regards,
    Sebastian
  • I assumed that all of the UTM's were set up the same (that's what was so confusing). Makes sense though.

Thanks so much!