This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AWS VPC SUM Best Practices?

We're a new partner to the Sophos ecosystem.  Getting the UTM, Modules, and Endpoints going wasn't a huge challenge.

SUM of course is of great interest to us.  I don't want to run my own server, and would prefer an Amazon instance.  I'm familiar with the S3 storage systems and move data occasionally.  The VPC system is a little less intuitive.  

I found the AWS Marketplace entry for Sophos, and would love to get a Micro instance going, for testing.  

I can fumble around as well as the next IT guy, but would curious is there was some type of guide or steps to take zero VPC knowledge and fire up an ID, block, gateway and Elastic IP in order to kick on the SUM instance.

TIA

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Agreed with Bruce that the Micro instance is not adequate for production.  It is good for development and experimentation.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Agreed with Bruce that the Micro instance is not adequate for production.  It is good for development and experimentation.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • Thanks for the advice.  The great thing about the EC2 instance is scalability.  I'll be watching that dashboard CPU/RAM like a hawk - same as I do for the hardware devices.  Better to start with $14.40/mo in learning mode.  

I will review that guide this week and see if we can't get this going.  Thanks again.

[:D]