This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUM 4.2x > Gateway Manager > Exceptions > User/Group Exceptions

In Sophos UTM 9.2x (and previous versions) you can define an Exception with the "Coming from these users/groups" option when defining an Exception.  From what I have found in the SUM Gateway Manager 4.200 documentation there appears to be no way to do this with the SUM.

If you look in the SUM V4 Gateway Manager PDF 4.200 2014-05-06 (see 7.6.3) you will notice that there is nothing there about defining an exception with user/group rules.  I've tried setting up an new Exception to push down to my OU, and it simply is not an available option.

Is there some way to make the SUM able to load the users/groups from a UTM?

Is there some way to define Exceptions with the "Coming from these users/groups" on the SUM that I'm missing?

As an example, we typically have File Extension and MIME Type blocks.  For certain users/groups we have defined Exceptions based on Domains they are accessing from Trusted Vendors/Partners.  I was hoping I could make these part of our OU auto-deploy policies on the SUM.  At this point that seems to be impossible given the SUM's capabilities.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.