This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUM: Web-Admin password reset

Hi,

unfortunately where the SUM password resists in my brain there's a black hole after weekend. However I still can remember shell credentials to su to root.

On UTM I can cc -> reset password. But SUM says "cc: command not found" (yes, I'm root).

How can I reset the admin password regain access to the web frontend on SUM?

Thanks and greetings

LoD

I got it. But nevertheless it's interesting to know how to reset the password on SUM.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hey LoD,

"cc" is an alias for "confd-client.plx". If you call "confd-client.plx" and have "/usr/local/bin" in you "$PATH" environment variable you get to the confd command-line client. 

Both, the alias and the $PATH, are definied in /etc/profile and therefore loaded everytime you use a login-shell. It seems that your alias doesn't exist (anymore). To get the confd command-line client nevertheless call either "confd-client.plx" (then the $PATH has to correct) or "/usr/local/bin/confd-client.plx".

To reset your password you can either call "confd-client.plx", then enter  "RAW" and then "system_password_reset". Or direcly use the reset function as an argument in the confd client call: "confd-client.plx system_password_reset".

See also the UTM password recovery knowledgebase article: Recover access to your Sophos UTM in the event of password loss
    This KBA also applies for the SUM.

Regards,
    Sebastian
  • Hey LoD,

"cc" is an alias for "confd-client.plx". If you call "confd-client.plx" and have "/usr/local/bin" in you "$PATH" environment variable you get to the confd command-line client. 

Both, the alias and the $PATH, are definied in /etc/profile and therefore loaded everytime you use a login-shell. It seems that your alias doesn't exist (anymore). To get the confd command-line client nevertheless call either "confd-client.plx" (then the $PATH has to correct) or "/usr/local/bin/confd-client.plx".

To reset your password you can either call "confd-client.plx", then enter  "RAW" and then "system_password_reset". Or direcly use the reset function as an argument in the confd client call: "confd-client.plx system_password_reset".

See also the UTM password recovery knowledgebase article: Recover access to your Sophos UTM in the event of password loss
    This KBA also applies for the SUM.

Regards,
    Sebastian
Children
No Data