This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Importing a list of hosts (IP-Adresses) from csv ?

Hello,

i would like to import a LOT of IP-Adresses (single hosts, not ranges) all at once and create a group for it because i need this list on every utm i have.

Is this possible with sum?
(i am using 4.203-4 firmware)

thanks in advance

sophoslabfan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Possible with SUM?   I haven't looked specifically.

It is not impossible to create/manipulate objects on a UTM with cc (confd-client.plx) but it is is largely, if not entirely, disavowed by Sophos Support.

Check with your reseller and support - and certainly express your frustration/disappointment the automation available/supported in the UTM/SUM product line - and please share the latest "official" response, here and in your other related thread(s).
  • Possible with SUM?   I haven't looked specifically.

It is not impossible to create/manipulate objects on a UTM with cc (confd-client.plx) but it is is largely, if not entirely, disavowed by Sophos Support.

Check with your reseller and support - and certainly express your frustration/disappointment the automation available/supported in the UTM/SUM product line - and please share the latest "official" response, here and in your other related thread(s).
Children
  • Hello all,

here is the response:

a recuring event to import definitions is not possible.
    a one-time import will work, but automaticaly deleting from hosts is not possible:

****german***
    ein Verfahren für den immer wiederkehrenden Import von Definitionen können
    wir Ihnen leider nicht anbieten.
    Ein einmaliger Import ließe sich zwar automatisieren, aber einen
    automatischen Löschprozess und die Zusammenfassung von diesen Hosts in
    eine Gruppe können wir leider nicht anbieten.

Für weitere Fragen, stehen wir Ihnen unter marked@sophos.com
    gern zur Verfügung.

regards