This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM connects to blank SUM although password is set

I had to reinstall my Hyper-V host some months ago. All works fine, but all my VMs have new MAC addresses. Result is that I cannot connect to my SUM virtual machine anymore. It boots up fine, but I guess it cannot find its old interface hardware.
No problem, I wanted to upgrade it to 4.2 anyway. So I shut the old VM down and installed a new SUM VM. I thought I would copy the firewall rules by hand from one of the UTMs and then switch over to the new SUM. Of course, during install I gave it the same IP address that the old one had so I wouldn't have to reconfigure all my UTMs. I thought this would be safe because I had setup a shared password for the connection between UTMs and SUM, and had not entered that password in the new SUM yet.

But: Up goes the new VM and down go all my connections. The UTMs connected to the new, blank SUM and all my firewall rules were gone.

I expected the SUM to refuse the connections because they had a "wrong" password. But it looks like you can use any password you like if no password is configured in the SUM. 
I think this is wrong and SUM should refuse connection attempts with a shared password if none is configured in the SUM.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data